|Home > Studio E: The Epilepsy Art Therapy Program|
Studio E: The Epilepsy Art Therapy Program
We are excited to offer Studio E: The Epilepsy Art Therapy Program to people with epilepsy in the Greater Los Angeles area!
Studio E offers group art therapy session for individuals with epilepsy, allowing them to explore their creativity, meet others with epilepsy and express themselves in an open, accepting and safe group setting. Art is a natural way to communicate, relieve tension and express emotions. During the program, participants work with licensed art therapists using a varitety of artistic media, including painting, sketching and sculpting. Because some things are easier to "say" through art, Studio E provides people impacted by epilepsy a unique opportunity to express themselves and open up about their experiences.
For more information about the Studio E program, or to enroll in this year's sessions, contact Rebekkah by email, call 1.310.670.2870 x103 or complete the online interest form, located at the bottom of the webpage.
Interested adults with epilepsy should register for this year's Studio E program, which will take place every Sunday afternoon from May 19, 2013 to June 30, 2013 in Community Room A (near the food court) at the Westside Pavilion in Los Angeles (see schedule below). The FREE Studio E: The Epilepsy Art Therapy Program is open to adults with epilepsy who apply by Monday, May 20th, participate in an advanced interview with the art therapist, make a commitment to attend each session and are officially accepted to attend.
- Sunday, May 19, 2013 (1:30 - 4:00 pm): Open Art Therapy. Adults with epilepsy and their loved ones are welcome to join us after the 'Second Sunday' Seminar for an "Open Art Therapy" session to get more familiar with art therapy.
- Sunday, May 26, 2013 (1:30 - 4:00 pm): Session 1, Closed Art Therapy (Applications and Acceptance Required to Participate in all Closed Art Therapy Sessions)
- Sunday, June 2, 2013 (1:30 - 4:00 pm): Session 2, Closed Art Therapy
- Sunday, June 9, 2013 (3:30 - 6:00 pm): Session 3, Closed Art Therapy (takes place after the 'Second Sunday' Seminar)
- Sunday, June 16, 2013 (1:30 - 4:00 pm): Session 4, Closed Art Therapy
- Sunday, June 23, 2013 (1:30 - 4:00 pm): Session 5, Closed Art Therapy
- Sunday, June 30, 2013 (1:30 - 4:00 pm): Session 6, Final Closed Art Therapy
Studio E is made possible through an ongoing partnership between Lundbeck, a pharmaceutical company committed to helping people with epilepsy, and the Epilepsy Foundation. To learn more about the Studio E program or see artwork generated during previous programs, visit YourPartnerinEpilepsy.com.