“Care And Cure"
Our "Care And Cure" Initiatives intend to END EPILEPSY in children by improving access to pediatric epilepsy specialty care and by pursuing research for cures for childhood epilepsies. To help accomplish the research objective, the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Los Angeles donates funds to the Epilepsy Foundation National Office to support research in pediatric epilepsies.When it comes to supporting epilepsy research, the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Los Angeles is proud to be leading all the other Epilepsy Foundation Affiliates, nationwide, in donating the most money to epilepsy research.
Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Los Angeles stimulates frontline research in epilepsy. Since 2005, we have helped support five epilepsy research projects. Learn more about research projects funded by the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Los Angeles (Download PDF).
Learn more about epilepsy research opportunities currently underway in our region(Download PDF). We only provide information on studies that have evidenced Institutional Review Board approval and are overseen by a medical center, hospital or clinic with an ethics review. To the extent information is made available to us, we have provided the study name, a brief description of the study, the types of people they need for the study, along with a link to more study information and/or to contact information. We encourage the community affected by epilepsy to learn more about research in progress and how they might realize direct benefit or benefit the community at large if they participate in the research.
• Learn more about the research opportunities and the application and review process established by the Epilepsy Foundation (Download PDF).
• Learn more about the goals and benchmarks for epilepsy research established by the White House initiated "Cure Epilepsy" conference in 2000 (Download PDF).
• Learn more about epilepsy research conducted and supported by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke by clicking here.
• Learn more about epilepsy research supported by the Epilepsy Foundation by clicking here.
• Learn about ongoing research studies by visiting CenterWatch
Join our fight to END EPILEPSY by supporting epilepsy research through the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Los Angeles. Click here to make a donation to support epilepsy research.
Do You Know How to Help? Do You Need Help?